A standard consultation lasts 50 minutes, beginning with an initial assessment session during which your individual needs and goals for therapy will be discussed.
Jessica offers a warm and empathic approach to the therapeutic process, working collaboratively with clients to develop an individualised treatment plan.
A range of evidence-based treatment approaches are utilised, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), neuropsychotherapy and mindfulness-based techniques, as well as drawing on evidence-based attachment and psychodynamic theories. Jessica is also a registered facilitator of the Circle of Security® Parenting™ Program. Parents are welcome to bring their baby to therapy sessions.
Areas of Treatment
- Women’s mental health across the lifespan
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Depression, anxiety and stress that may be impacting on pregnancy planning and conception
- Depression and anxiety associated with pregnancy
- Coping with unplanned pregnancy or perinatal loss
- Preparing for parenthood
- Depression and anxiety experienced during the postpartum period
- Trauma associated with birth
- Adjustment and trauma associated with premature birth
- Stress associated with parenting in the early years
- Bonding with your baby and fostering emotional development in the early years
- Understanding baby and toddler development and learning skills to manage parenting